Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Met Gala 2012: My Worst Dressed List

While the whole world is trying hard to find the fountain of youth,  Mary Kate is going the other direction




The dress is too bulky and unflattering to Naomi's figure
If Red Riding Hood and Marilyn Manson had an offspring
If she looked in the mirror in this attire and "Worst Dressed List" didn't cross her mind,
something is very wrong with her fashion sense or her mirror

That's a lot of hair!

I feel bad that 3 out of 5 are Alexander Mcqueen's.  But the thing is, 

Sarah Burton, the line's designer is a genius but her work was just not interpreted or justified properly here.  They're breath-taking runway pieces but red carpet?  I am not sure about that.  My ultimate litmus test is, if I was Cinderella, would Prince Charming have picked me up with this dress on? if the answer is no, I move on to the next gown:)

1 comment:

  1. yeah I don't know what Mary Kate was thinking!

    http://coucoudesiree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete