Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Closet Staples: The White Collared Shirt (Part 2 of Wardrobe Overhaul Series)

    Recently I blogged about spring cleaning and overhauling my wardrobe.   I had to toss some stuff away because I am so notorious in buying a lot of in the moment clothes that don't last through different seasons.  Now that my closet is empty again,  I promised myself to be wiser when it comes to shopping.  I plan on building the foundation of my closet with staples. With staples, I mean pieces that I can pair with different items from my closet to create different looks.  These staples are the building blocks of my wardrobe.  Through the next few blogs,  I will be discussing one closet staple that a wardrobe should never ever be without.  Today,  I will discuss one of the staples every girl must have in her wardrobe: 
            Closet Staple #1: A crisp white collared shirt
This piece is very versatile, it can be worn for work, casual weekend and vacation looks:

For Work:
                                                                  

Tucked in to a gray work pants, finished with a red belt a zebra pump and a black croc skin
structured purse, this outfit is sure to impress!
(Styled from BestTrendsForever.com StyleMe feature)


For A Casual Weekend Look: 
Tucked into a midi skirt, this button down staple goes from serious to casual
(Styled from BestTrendsForever.com StyleMe feature)



            For that vacation/touristy look:        
And here's Olivia Palermo sporting our closet staple # 1:


And Kim Kardashian:

                      
So there you have it, closet staple #1 for work, play and evening out.  Please don't let your closet be without it my fashionistas!

3 comments:

  1. Hi , thanks for following me , I am your new follower as well! Love your blog by the way!
    Please follow me on facebook and twitter! Are very new pages and I need Followers :)

    FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Donna-Sapiens/430900196934609
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/DonnaSapiens1

    Thanks ;)
    XOXO , Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. A white shirt is a basic on my clóset!!
    great post!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much! :) I was very excited about it too!

    I like white blouses- so classic and easy chic! I saw you are from chicago? I am visiting saturday- if you know any other chicago fashion bloggers we could do a meet up?
    I am now your NEWEST follower GFC- I hope you can follow back now too, if you like it. Have a great week!

    God bless,
    christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete